If you are staying overnight in Fredericksburg, there are lots of options. Several are listed below, but of course you should feel free to stay elsewhere. If we can be of help in figuring out locations/recommendations/reviews, please let us know!
The Inn at the Olde Silk Mill
Address: 1707 Princess Anne Street, Fredericksburg, VA 22401
* See note below about calling to make reservations—necessary to get our room rate!
Both ceremonies and the reception will be held at the Olde Silk Mill, which has an inn with 25 available rooms conveniently attached (appropriately, it’s named the Inn at the Olde Silk Mill). Some are smaller rooms for one or two people, and there are also larger suites with multiple beds (or attached rooms) if you’re up for sleepover-style accommodations. Each room is different (adorable and full of antiques!), and because you must call to book your room with the room rate below, you should go online and pick which room you’d prefer on their website.
Room Rate: $89 — $145 (the more expensive rooms are generally suites with several beds and two attached rooms). The discounted rate applies for Saturday, August 8th, and to any other nights you may stay over the weekend (Friday, Sunday, etc.)
To reserve a room:
- Call the Inn at 540-371-5666 as soon as you’re ready to book (and definitely before early July).
- Ask for the McCaughey/Patel Wedding room block for the weekend of August 8, 2015.
- Tell them which room you would like to reserve. If you are unsure, ask questions! The staff are very helpful.
Fredericksburg Courtyard Marriott
Address: 620 Caroline Street, Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Room Rate: $129. This hotel is practically brand new, and less than a mile from the wedding site. Unfortunately, the room block they offered us requires a two-night stay (Friday and Saturday). They gave us a very small percentage that were available for a one-night stay (only Saturday night), so if you book here very early, you might be able to get this; otherwise, it’s a two-night stay for $129/night—which might be great—but if you only want to stay one night, see below.
To reserve a room:
- Call the Courtyard at 540-373-5666 before July 2015.
- Ask for the McCaughey/Patel block.
Other Accommodation Options
Downtown Fredericksburg is full of Bed and Breakfasts options within walking distance to the Olde Silk Mill, including a number on this list (though not all of these are within walking distance). If you really want to treat yo-self, we can definitely recommend The Kenmore Inn.
Additionally, a little further out (requiring a drive to the venue) are a handful of budget-friendly hotels (phone numbers are listed, but we’ve found that often Expedia and Orbitz offer better prices than calling the hotels directly):
- Best Western Central Plaza, Plank Rd, Fredericksburg, VA 540-786-7404.
- Quality Inn Fredericksburg, Central Park Area, Plank Road, Fredericksburg, VA 855-809-3506.
- Sleep Inn, Warrenton Rd., Fredericksburg, VA 866-599-6674.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fredericksburg, Warrenton Rd., Fredericksburg, VA 855-809-3505.
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), Jefferson Davis Hwy, Fredericksburg, VA 855-873-6557.
- Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania Ave., Fredericksburg, VA 855-873-6565.
Rates for all of these vary, but generally the Bed and Breakfasts will likely be a little pricier than the hotels above where were were able to book a room block, and the chain hotels are usually a little (sometimes a lot) less expensive—although we admit we can’t vouch for how nice they are, as we’ve only been able to visit the Inn at the Silk Mill and the Marriott!